The Streets at SouthGlenn project has been submitted to the City and is now online for your review and comment.
The Streets at SouthGlenn Update
The owners of The Streets at SouthGlenn, Alberta Development Partners and Northwood Investors, submitted plans to the City to allow for redevelopment on the site on June 22. The application was deemed complete on July 20 and the plans are now currently under the City’s review process.
The submitted proposal and associated documents may be found here.
- Letter of Intent explaining the project.
- Sworn Proof of Ownership and Letter of Authorization.
- Arapahoe County Tax Certificates for the property.
- Master Development Plan (MDP) Exhibit.
- Traffic Impact Study.
- Phase I Drainage Report and other documents requested by the Southeast Metro Stormwater Authority (SEMSWA) related to drainage.
What is being proposed?
The project’s Letter of Intent notes the proposed changes, which are highlighted below.
Residential Dwelling Units
Increase the allowed number of residential units from 350 units to a total of 1,125 units.
- Currently, there are 214 residential units within The Portola at SouthGlenn apartment building.
Modify the permitted height on the Sears parcel and the Macy’s parcel from 50 ft. to 75 ft.
- The current allowable building heights within The Streets at SouthGlenn vary across the site. No building is allowed to exceed 100 ft. For context, the current tallest building is the office building north of the existing Sears building at 85 ft.
Provide an open space area along the north side of E. Easter Ave. to serve residential development at the Sears Parcel.
- The Developer would be required to provide a minimum of 25,000 square feet of contiguous public open space, green space, passive recreation, or common public space to serve residential development at the Sears Parcel.
Decrease the required amount of retail from 909,815 sq. ft. to 621,000 sq. ft.
- Currently, there is 948,853 sq. ft. of leasable retail area, including the Sears and Macy’s buildings, which are approximately 307,000 sq. ft. combined.
Update the SouthGlenn Sign Criteria to ensure that sign criteria are assigned to future redevelopment of the Sears and Macy’s parcel.
- Currently, the SouthGlenn Sign Criteria does not identify how to apply sign standards to any redevelopment proposals for the Sears and Macy’s parcels.
The MDP Amendment incorporates other minor amended items within the documents that support the above amended items.
- Technical clean-up allows for the amendments to be incorporated into the existing document without creating confusion.
Have Your Say
Following public hearings, the Planning and Zoning Commission and the City Council are required to make decisions based upon specific criteria as set forth below. The public may provide comments about the proposed development through both the project website, the project email address and the public hearings before the Planning and Zoning Commission and the City Council.
The specific criteria is:
- The amendment is consistent with the City’s Comprehensive Plan (Centennial NEXT);
- The amendment is consistent with the intent of the overall design and mixed-use concept of the Master Development Plan; (consistent look and feel);
- The amendment will provide public benefits to the project and the City as a whole;
- The amendment is to not present the likelihood of the project not meeting the requirements of the MDA or any financial obligations concerning the project; and
- The amendment is compatible with or will not materially and adversely affect existing development on adjacent properties, or measures will be taken to substantially buffer or otherwise substantially mitigate any incompatibility or adverse impacts.
Questions/comments received via the Have Your Say webpage or email will be responded to within 2-3 business days.
The City believes it is important to keep the community informed about the potential changes to the Streets at SouthGlenn.
Project webpage: centennialco.gov/
Sign up for e-Newsletter Updates on the City’s Notifications web page